The importance of the church in a believers life is indispensable to a solid life in Him. Here are some things The Word says about the church:
1. The church is described as an army with Christ as King and we are the members marching under the blood stained emblem of His sacrifice on the cross
2. Church is described as a building- not the physical walls, etc, but spiritually with Christ as the Foundation and we as believers are the living stones. He has made us alive through His resurrection.
3. The church is The Bride of Christ. He is the bridegroom and we are the bride.
4. We are a flock of sheep and we are the people- sheep of His pasture. Jesus Christ is the Good Shepherd who leads His dear children along. One of my favorite hymns is ‘God Leads His Dear Children Along”- written by George A. Young in 1903. He preached from church to church about trusting in Christ. After being away for days on end he returned home to find that some despondent people who did not like the Truth Mr. Young was preaching, had burned his house down to ashes. Through that tragedy George Young and his family found victory in trusting in Christ. They knew that the Good Shepherd would faithfully lead them along this life in victory. He wrote this hymn in response to what God was doing in their lives!
5. The church is The Body of Jesus Christ. He is the head and we are the members.
We know that you as a believer in Jesus Christ are important to the church—- Is the church important to you? If you aren’t already, begin going to a good Bible believing church. “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; But encouraging one another; especially as we see the day fast approaching (Hebrews 10:25)
Serve Him with gladness— Remember that God loves you so much He would rather die than live without you.